Modern educators are discouraged from being the sage on stage. As the overused cliché goes…Instead of being the sage on stage, be the guide on the side. I’m not a huge fan of this mantra. I understand the need for presentation styles to evolve, but sometimes you need to jump up in front of your kids and inspire them! Even though much of my instruction is flipped, it’s still important to present in front of students. While my kids enjoy my recordings, periodically I treat them to a live performance. A few years ago, my wife and I watched Jersey Boys on the big screen and then we saw it live on stage. There was no comparison. Sometimes, you have to go all Broadway on your kids. Sometimes, you need to be the sage on stage.
And here, is where Pear Deck makes its dramatic appearance.
Infuse your presentation with highly interactive engaging prompts by utilizing this amazing tool. Morph your static sit and listenfests into intense student collaborationfests. Transform your lectures into twenty-five separate and simultaneous student-teacher conversations. Pear Deck allows you to do the following:
- upload an existing presentation in Google Slides or PowerPoint.
- permits students to follow your presentations on their devices, while you control the pace.
- empowers instructors to insert engaging prompts before and during your performance.
- hides student responses till the teacher decides to display them and student names remain a mystery.
Modern educators need to sometimes be the Sage on Stage.
Make your live presentations powerfully engaging with Pear Deck.
What You Can Do Tomorrow?
- Watch this brief Pear Deck tutorial.
- Select or create a brief Google Slides or PowerPoint Presentation.
- Insert a fabulous hook into your first slide.
- Prompt students through Pear Deck to respond.
Pear Deck creates a collaborative and engaging presentation environment. Embrace this new way to present and enthrall your kids.